Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday Cake!

Here's the cake I made, I used fondant, I don't really like fondant and the fact that the box I bought had the hardest fondant ever made it worse! The cake was delicious and my niece loved it, so that's all that really matters, right?!

Here's the worst part of it all....so I made the cake, took forever with the hard fondant, then when it was done I boxed it up and put it in one of those grocery store cooler bags for the 4 hour road trip. It was sitting on the kitchen table and my daughter thought she'd help and picked up the bag by the handle, turning the cake from it's nice horizontal position to a vertical position. I freaked out a bit, well, a lot really, but all in all, the cake was pretty sturdy. All it did was slide to the back of the box and the flowers on the backside smashed into the cake. I had a few bad moments though before I was brave enough to open the box!!!

Do you have any terrible cake mishaps? I'd love to hear them!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Do I have cake mishaps- EVERYTIME I cook one! In fact, this year for my daughter's birthday we're doing 'ballerina splits', yep, not even thinking of bringing a cake to the house- good ole' banana splits to go with the ballerina theme- I'll have pics up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cake! i don't know how to bake haha :D

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!