Monday, May 24, 2010

DVD Review: The History of Christianity



I was given the opportunity to review the Episode 1 in the 6 part series: A History of Christianity, by Diarmaid MacCulloch.  At first I wasn't sure if this was going to be interesting or just another BBC documentary.  Once the story got going I couldn't keep my eyes away from it, this episode was packed full of information on early Christianity, Diarmaid shows where the true origins of Christianity lie.  If the origins had begun elsewhere Christianity would be very different.

I enjoyed hearing about the origins of Christianity, but it was also an incredibly powerful seeing places such as Rome, Jerusalem, etc.  The buildings and ruins are beautiful and Diarmaid keeps the story interesting instead of turning it into a story about himself.  I would love to watch the other 5 Episodes!  If you are interested in learning more about the roots of Christianity or would like to see where it all began, you should get yourself this series!

I was given this DVD to review by tbb media group, and have not been compensated for my honest review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!