Friday, July 2, 2010

Money Money!

 In the past year I have been awarded millions and millions of dollars from people who are dying left and right, I never knew I had so many unknown relatives, nor did I know that I was such a wonderful person that unknown people are willing to give me their money.....do you get miraculously rich every day of the week like I do?

What I am wondering, is what do these people think?  That I'm just plain stupid?  Maybe it's my blond hair, I'm not sure, but they have something on me.  One day while at the bank doing a wire transfer the banker was asking me all sorts of crazy questions.  I asked her why, she told me that many people really and truly do believe that they have won money when they receive these emails.  REALLY?

Then she told me, elderly people, disabled people, people with special needs and young adults are generally the ones taken in,  that's sad to prey on people.  I guess it's best to remember that if it's too good to be true it probably isn't good!

Any thoughts?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that if any of these emails ever panned out I would be super rich LOL and I think its really sad that people still fall for this scam. Its not something new its been around forever and on the news but yet people still fall for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the reason there are so many of these scams is because--they work, at least on enough gullible people to make the whole thing worthwhile for the crooks who do them. It's very sad to think of those who are taken in by them.

    And those who fall prey to scams aren't always underprivileged or impaired in some way. Not long ago a very reputable and well-known blogger was scammed by a company claiming to be giving away iPads or something like that. Anyway, before she knew it her entire email account was hacked and messages were going out from these scammers to all her contacts. It was a reminder to always be vigilant when giving out any information. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know, I hate these emails! Some people really must not have anything better to do. Crazy that they take advantage of those less fortunate.

    Have a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!