Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Minnesota State Fair

State Fair Fashion Revue Competition.....the results are in!

Yesterday we got up early and went to the State Fair for the 4H Fashion Revue Competition.  We were there by 8:30 am and still had to park about 2 miles away!  (Because I was too cheap to pay for parking!)
My daughter spent the morning learning about fashion, colors, textures, etc. while my son and I walked and walked and walked!  We picked up R for lunch and decided to try some new food items, how about some Deep Fried Pizza Balls, Deep Fried Cannoli and a Deep Fried Twinkie on a stick?  Yes, that's right, the MN State Fair is famous for food on a stick!  Here are some photos:
Pizza Balls....very interesting, ok, but don't need to eat them again!
The Cannoli was ok....liked the dough better than the cream!
My son lit into the twimke before I took the picture, he liked it but said next time no chocolate, my powdered sugar instead!



And that's all the food we had on a stick, we weren't all that adventurous..at close to 100 it was too hot to eat.

Ok...so you're wondering about Fashion Revue, some of you may remember back in July when I posted photos of my daughter winning at County Fair, well.....she did it again, she won at State.....here are some photos! There were about 40 girls in the competition, they are judged all afternoon, first an interview and then they are judged while they work on stage.
Here's R (2nd from left) as she's walking up to announce her name/county
Receiving her medal

R with her friends...who were cheering her on, LOUDLY!!!

After the fashion show we celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday and finally left for home at 10:30pm!

Next...it's the State Archery Competition and the State Dog Show!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats. That's exciting! What happens at the State Dog Show??

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!