Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review: Choosing to See

Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope

Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman with Ellen Vaughn.

Mary Beth Chapman and Ellen Vaughn have written a true story that is nothing short of wonderful.  Mary Beth and her husband Steve have 3 wonderful children, but their daughter decides they really should adopt, her relentlessness becomes an inspiration as the family goes on to adopt not 1, not 2 but 3 children from China!  This story takes you through a families journey of suffering, love and of a strong faith that holds them all together.

As I read this book I found myself smiling and then minutes later tears ran down my face, but yet I couldn't read each page quickly enough as I fell in love with this family that has so much love to share.  I love how songs written by Steve are added throughout the story, as well as family photos.  Mary Beth is not afraid to share her life, she doesn't just share the good, but she shares the deep down fears, distress and problems her family faces.  This book takes you through happiness, but in finding happiness you see what this family went through to get to their happiness.  Some families fall apart during hard times, not this one, and the tragedy in this book will leave you weeping.

I can't say enough good about this book, and it could not have a more perfect title.  Choosing to See is something we can all probably learn to do better, and love, how much love do you have to share?  I cannot wait to share this book with friends and family!

To learn more about Mary Beth Chapman you can visit her blog at http://marybethchapman.com
*Revell, a division of Baker Publishing sent me a complimentary copy of this book to review, my thoughts are solely my own.

“Available September 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

If you would like your own copy of this book you can purchase it here:



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!