Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Knitting and an Alpaca Farm!

I am just so excited! My daughter has had the opportunity to work with a local Alpaca farmer and learn to show Alpaca's, how cool is that?  We went to the farm yesterday, those little buggers as so cute, a wee bit on the feisty side too, but I think I'm in love....with the WOOL!!!

That's right, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that this farmer is also opening a yarn/product shop next weekend during his Alpaca open house.  I'm a goner for sure.  Have you ever knit with Alpaca wool?  I have not, simply because it's so expensive, but after seeing some finished products, I think a few skeins are in my future!

As for my daughter, well, she's going to learn to show these guys, there is a show in April they'll be going to, then they're going to introduce these guys to the County Fair...now we need to find a 4H alpaca judge, who knows where this will lead!!!

On the flip side of things....do you know they sell Alpaca meat?  Ewww, maybe it's good, but it just seems wrong!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I couldn't eat one after looking into there beautiful faces. They look like something out of Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss, that is a perfect way to describe these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lulu -

    I popped over here from Writers Alley. Your email address caught my eye. Our last names are almost identical with the exception of the first letter. :)

    Nice blog. I'm just getting back into crochet after a 7-year hiatus, so I can relate to the obsession with yarn.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!