Monday, October 4, 2010

Christmas in October! 2 Book Reviews

It's never too early to get in the Christmas mood! I have just finished reading 2 great books....and.....best of all, someone is going to win these books during my Christmas Stocking Stuff and Gift Idea week which is the first week of November!!!

Call Me Mrs. Miracle, by Debbie Macomber
Call Me Mrs. Miracle
I always love a Debbie Macomber book, and as usual this book did not disappoint me!  Call Me Mrs. Miracle is a book about hope and love and of course, the Christmas season!

This story weaves it's tale around Finley's department store in New York City.  Jake does not enjoy Christmas, nor does his father, they have all but blocked it out of their minds since the death of Jake's mom and sister many years ago.  The only Christmas they share is the toy section of their department store, and Jake got himself into quite a jam this year!

Mrs. Miracle enters the scene none to soon, no one is sure when she came from, and Jake is certain that this grandmotherly lady is not quite right for the toy department...that is until she performs a few miracles!

Holly is caring for her nephew, they are just learning to get along and she wants to give him a cheerful Christmas while his father is serving time in the Army out of country.  Jake and Holly cross paths and with a little help from none other than Mrs. Miracle things begin to fall into place, or do they?

I loved this book, and I highly recommend it as a stocking stuffer for your loved ones!  Wouldn't this be a fun book to find under the tree, or in your stocking?

Here is a video trailer of the Hallmark Channel Original Movie which will play Saturday, November 27, (8p.m. ET/PT; 7C).


Now, if you can't wait for my stocking stuffer giveaway beginning the 1st of October and want to buy the book right NOW go here:





Photobucket









...and now the second book:
A Chesapeake Shores Chrsitmas, by Sherryl Woods
A Chesapeake Shores Christmas
This is the first Sheryyl Woods book that I have read, and I look forward to reading more in the future!  This book drove me crazy, in a good way!  I'm not sure that I've ever read about a more stubborn family than the O'Brien family in this book....stubborn, headstrong, obstinate, but full of love!

Chesapeake Shores is where the O'Brien family lives...most of them anyway.  Megan O'Brien left her family after divorcing Mick when the children were still young, leaving Mick and his mother Nell to raise them.  Anger, hurt and a sense of betrayal is felt when Mick and Megan decide to remarry, on Megan terms, or no terms at all, and who is Megan calling stubborn?!

Megan does not want to hurt her family again, but she needs to heal some very deep wounds with her son Connor before she will marry, is this possible?

I truly felt the struggle Megan had while reading her story, I can't imagine what I would do if I were up against  so many stubborn family members, a little deceit is thrown into the mix as well adding some extra entertainment along the way!

It is of course a Christmas story, and the holidays are meant to bring families together...aren't they?  Thanksgiving is quite an event in this book, leaving you wonder how Christmas will go...I'm not going to tell you any more, you're either going to have to purchase this book OR try to win it during my Stocking Stuffer Giveaway and Gift idea week the first week of November!

If you simply cannot wait you can purchase a copy of the book here:  A great gift idea!

  Photobucket

**Many thanks to Alana Signor for the copies of these two books! As well as for the copies for the upcoming giveaway! I was not otherwise compensated for my honest thoughts and opinions in my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!