Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Review of 13 Piece Masterguild Santoku Set with Wood Block

Originally submitted at CSN Stores

Set included:

  • 1 - 8" Santoku Chef Knife
  • 1 - 8" Carving Knife
  • 1 - 6" Utility Knife
  • 1 - 5" Boning Knife
  • 1 - 3" Paring Knife
  • 6 - 4.5" Steak Knives
  • 1 - Kitchen Shear
  • 1 - Sol...


  • An overall good set of knives

    By lulu from MN on 10/13/2010

     

    4out of 5

    Pros: Dishwasher Safe, Quality Construction, Comfortable Grip

    Cons: Difficult to Clean

    Best Uses: Meat, Veggies, Bread

    Describe Yourself: Casual Cook

    I like this set of knives, I was unsure at first due to the fact that all but one knife has a serrated blade. I do wish there were more descriptions with the products for sale. I was hoping for a good paring knife, and the serrated blade just doesn't cut apples and such so well, but overall after giving these knives a chance I do like them, for the price of these knives, they are worth it!

    The reason I mentioned difficult to clean is due to the serrated blades you do need to be careful with your dishcloths if you are cleaning the knives by hand!

    (legalese)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!