Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Women Who Helped You...a Mother's Day Special Post


Is there a special woman in your life that has helped you through rough times? Or has simply made a special mark in your life, someone who truly stands out…..I’m hoping your first answer is in honor of your mom, but is there anyone else who tops the list?

By now you’re wondering if I’m going to mention someone special in my life, yes mom, you top the list, but for someone else who has touched me I’d have to say my grandmother.

My grandmother and I have a lot in common, she has a terrific artsy side to her that I just love and I wish she were able to help me learn to paint as she has in the past. My grandmother may not always be patient and often blurts out exactly what’s on her mind, such as I do, but I remember her telling me “patience is a virtue” and it took me a long time to learn patience but now I find myself quoting her quite often! My grandparents show a love that you don’t often see in elderly people, and that has shown me how strongly love can grow if you take the time to nurture it, this too relates to patience and as I look to my grandmother I can look to my future, as I look to my mother I look to a much closer future and not only do I see myself in my mother and grandmother but in my daughter as well, the cycle goes on….and on.

Mother’s Day is a special time to honor those around you and I embraced this opportunity to write this post for the Heart of Haiti Mother’s Day series, to learn more, visit Fairwinds Trading.

Through a partnership with Macy’s and their Shop For A Better World' initiative, Heart of Haiti offers artisan-crafted decorative arts and jewelry for sale. All income derived from sales of the products on the Heart of Haiti site enhances an artisan’s family’s nutrition, educates children, and brings access to healthcare and dignity.

To view the Shop for a Better World / Heart Of Haiti collection in it's entirety (including just added items for Spring), visit: http://bit.ly/gaalFP

If you would like to purchase an item from Heart of Haiti, now is the time, use the special discount code: CLEVERGIRLS and receive 15% off Heart of Haiti and Rwanda Path to Peace products valid 5/3 - 5/8…just in time for Mother’s Day! Please take a minute to visit the store, they have some beautiful items!

Happy Mother’s Day to all!


*I was selected for this very special “CleverHaiti” opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. All opinions are my own.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!