Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sewing a Shower Curtain

Not long ago I posted a sewing machine review....I've been meaning to make a new shower curtain, bought the material the beginning of winter, and finally got around to making the curtain.  I've been trying to finish up some things laying around the house because I know that once Spring weather shows up I'll want to be outside in my garden!

So, anyway, I wasn't too technical on this curtain, I went to Joann's and bought the fabric on a whim, so I guessed on the amount of fabric.  Could have used a bit more to make the shower curtain wider...but it will do!

I have a great ruffle pedal for my machine so there was no hand gathering involved, but it was still rather time consuming!  I jury is still out, I'm still trying to decide if I like the new look in my bathroom.  I like the shower curtain, just not sure if I like for my bathroom!

I'm making a comforter for my daughter using the same technique for her college dorm!  More on that in a few months!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It takes a while to get used to something sometimes. I don't see how you could go wrong with it though since it's neutral & ruffles! :) Love it, looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!